Pomegranate was established in 2012 by Victoria Pirie & Sara Selwood. The consultancy undertakes analysis, research, planning, evaluation and reviews.
Victoria Pirie works across the arts, heritage and creative industries. She previously a leader of local authority cultural services, was Executive Director England at Creative & Cultural Skills where she led work in regional economic development and higher education. Her background includes strategic management, business planning, funding, learning and skills, archaeology, arts development and museums. Victoria is a co-director of DIVAcontemporary, which works in sound and vision through digital technologies.
Sara Selwood edits the journal, Cultural Trends. She is currently Adjunct Research Fellow in the Stout Research Centre for New Zealand Studies, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. She was previously Head of Department of Arts Policy and Management, City University and Head of Cultural Programme at the think-tank, the Policy Studies Institute. She has a background in fine art, aesthetics, history and theory of art, and has worked as an art historian and a curator. She is a Trustee of the National Museum of the Royal Navy, and was formerly a Trustee of the National Portrait Gallery, a member of the Mayor of London’s Cultural Strategy Group and Chair of its Cultural Policy Reference Group.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 07545 984 375
Pomegranate’s publications include reports on economic impact, resilience and cultural sector skills including:
- Research to understand, and learn from, museums that have experienced significant change in the past five years for Arts Council England (2017). Prepared with Scott Dickinson.
- Placebranding and heritage for Historic England (2016). Prepared with TBR and Middlesex University.
- International Activity of arts and cultural organisations in 2014-15 for Arts Council England (2016).
- Research to understand the resilience, and challenges to this, of Local Authority museums for Arts Council England (2015). Prepared with TBR in partnership with Scott Dickinson.
- The Economic Impact of Museums in England for Arts Council England (2014). Prepared with TBR and Scott Dickinson.
- Studying Craft, trends in craft education and training for Crafts Council (2014). Prepared with TBR.
- The Historic Environment and Cultural Heritage Skills Survey for Creative & Cultural Skills and English Heritage (2013). Prepared with TBR, Landward Research & Qa.